After you get your bachelor’s degree, you would probably think of what to do next. Primarily, you would want to get a doctorate degree to figure out what you are good at and where you should work. As the levels of expertise in certain fields of study are in greater demand, the qualification for educational attainment grows as well considering PhD degree as the continuous realm of specialists. In fact, many governments encourage most international students to study PhD programs in their specific countries through new and exciting opportunities for those who want to take the challenge of studying abroad.
PhD programs basically last between three and five years, depending on the educational system set by the country where you are studying. They are available in a vast range of disciplines such as in public administration, engineering, psychology, health, and philosophy. They tend to demonstrate the ability of the student to perform advanced work in specific field of study. The main highlight of these programs is the Doctorial Dissertation which is an original scholarship work showcasing the mastery of the student in a selected discipline. The dissertation yields relevant insights and findings from the original thought and research and contributes to the advancement of universal knowledge and thought.
The Granting of PhD Degree and Its Admission Requirements
PhD degree offers the potential candidates an opportunity to attain comprehensive and extensive knowledge of their professional field and training in research methodologies. They will be granted with this degree based on their comprehension of their chosen field of specification and their ability to perform research independently. They are also required to express their thoughts clearly, either in a written format or verbally.
Admission to PhD programs requires the following:
- Curriculum vitae showing an overview of your education, publication, work experience, and any other professional activities.
- A master’s degree from a recognized educational program or its equivalent.
- Sufficient references from persons in the academic and professional communities.
- Full description of any of your published and unpublished thesis, any piece that contributed to the
- scholarly or professional literature, research, and other professional or academic experience significant in assessing your doctoral study.
- At least one example of your professional writing or scholarly research, either in print or electronic.
- Additional requirements for the programs are based and specific to your field of study or major subject.
The PhD Program in Business Administration at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business in North Carolina
The PhD program prepares graduate students for research and teaching careers at any accredited educational institutions. It focuses on the development of student’s competence in research method, on independent research inquiry, and on the communication or dissemination of research results. It also introduces students to research activities of the faculty and other students other than to stringent coursework.
PhD Degree in Australia
Australia serves as one of the leading destinations for students who want to study abroad, especially in PhDs. This can be accounted to Australian low cost of living and tuition fees as well as country’s weather condition and excellent lifestyle. In fact, the number of its international students increases annually at more than 500,000.
Other information you need to know on PhD programs can also be accessed at various Web sites such as at http://online-phd-uk.com/.